GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations 2018)
References to “Sally Hatcher Estates”, “us” or “we” relates to all companies associated with us in providing a full package of services, thus enabling us to provide you with the professional service you require.
At Sally Hatcher Estates we do not share your personal data with any other third parties other than those necessary in assisting in the process for selling, buying or letting of a property and without seeking your approval first. The information that you provide will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We may be asked by local Authorities, utility companies, Police, HMRC and governmental departments to provide information on yourself. We will ensure that these are genuine legitimate requests and are covered under GDPR before sharing.
OUR LEGAL OBLICATION
Sally Hatcher Estates complies with the following acts.
Estate Agent Act 1979, Estate Agents Redress Act 2007, Data Protection act 1998, General Data Protection Act 2018, Consumer protection ACT 2008, Competition Act 1998, Business Protection from misleading Marketing Regulations 2008(BPRs), Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008(CPRs), Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations2013, Consumer Rights Act 2015, Energy Act 2011, Money Laundering Regulations 2007, Bribery Act 2010 and Modern Slavery Act 2015, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS USED
We will process your personal information using the relevant associated companies to carry the services advertised in proving you with the professional service that meets your requirement from us. To include Buying, Selling, Letting and management of property(s). Any personal information provided by you will be processed/shared in accordance with GDPR and regulatory requirements.
- Types of Information Collected.
|First Name||Middle Names||Surname||Previous Names|
|Date of Birth||Present Address||Previous Address||Residential Status|
|Nationality||NI Number||UK National||Number of Dependants|
|Passport/drivers licence||ID card||Landlords details||Bank Statements|
|Credit Card Statements *||Mortgage Statement||Proof of deposit||Payslips|
|Self Employed Accounts*||Employers Name||Gender||Email Address|
|Phone numbers||Phone numbers||Solicitor||Estate Agent details|
|New Mortgage Details||New Insurance Details||Criminal offences/convictions||IP Address|
|Cookies||Marital status||Salary||Accountant details|
|Previous employers||Employers address||Bank Details||–
1.1. Methods of Collection
In the general conduct of business, Sally Hatcher Estates collects information relevant to the services being sought across the range of services it offers from:
- yourself and your next of kin
- spouse / partner / family member
- business associates
- “trusted” sources including:
- Government / Land / Police registers
- Credit / Default Agencies
- Financial Institutes (Banks, Building Societies, Loan Agencies, Credit Card companies)
- Insurance Companies
- Other Law firms
- Health providers
- Utility Companies (Itiria for example)
- Through consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us that they have collected
Such information will generally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, in our office or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect personal information through our affiliates or suppliers.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods, including:
- through our secure website
- in response to marketing or other communications
- through social media
- by signing up for one of our products or service
- through participation in an offer, program or promotion
- in connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship with us
You may also agree to third parties disclosing information about you to us that those third parties have collected.
1.2. Purposes of Collection
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
- Assessing applications for and providing our products / services
- Conducting business, developing relationships with Sally Hatcher Estates and affiliates
- Process payments / transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation, Clearing, Chargebacks, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection, Complaints, Enquiries, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering (please see below), tax evasion, claims, quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
- Create and manage any accounts, associated authentication criteria (id’s and passwords) you may have with us.
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about our products, services, offers, programs and promotions.
- Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services, websites, mobile applications, other digital assets and business.
- Developing new products and services.
- Managing communications, assess effectiveness and optimisation of advertising.
- Functionality of our websites, mobile applications other digital assets.
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities
In addition to help you with a property related service we must comply with certain regulations for example the “Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (referred to as “the Regulations).” Sally Hatcher Estates Limited are required to obtain certain information from you to comply with regulations. The information provided will only be used by Sally Hatcher Estates Limited in relation to complying with the Regulations and will not be shared with any other party outside of the company unless we are required to do so under law. If you decide to enter in to a business relationship with Sally Hatcher Estates Limited to comply with certain regulations. We will require two separate Identification documents one primary and one secondary document even if it appears on both lists. The information may be required at various stages of the process depending whether you are: Purchasing (or Selling) Primary documents – proof of ID
- Valid Passport with MRZ
- Valid full UK photo driving licence
- Valid full UK Driving licence (Non photo, paper) issued before 1998
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland photo driving licence.
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland national Identity Card.
- Valid UK Armed Forces ID Card.
- Valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (copy of both sides.)
- Valid Blue disabled drivers pass. (With photo)
- Valid Freedom Pass
- Valid Local Authority Bus pass.
- Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details including National Insurance Number dated within the last 12 months.
Secondary documents – proof of residence (home.)
- Local authority council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months).
- UK Bank / Building societies statements/bills showing activity, dated within the last six months. Including account number and sort code. (Internet printed acceptable.)
- UK mortgage statement (dated within the last 12 months.) (Internet printed acceptable.)
- Utility bill dated within the last 6 months including – Electricity bill (with MPAN number), Landline, Gas, Satellite TV, Water. (Internet printed acceptable.) (Not mobile phone bills.)
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Inland Revenue (IR) Coding / assessment / statement (dated within the last 12 months) with National Insurance number. • Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details and NI Number. (Dated within the last 12 months). We reserve the right to employ third party electronic verification for the purpose of verifying identity. This search will not affect your credit rating
Lawful basis of processing
Sally Hatcher Estates Limited process your information under the following:
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Sally Hatcher Estates Limited and we need to process your information as part of this contract
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Sally Hatcher Estates Limited as part of its legitimate interests which include: Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, sales, financial services and other core products and service provided by the data controller
- Public interest: some information is processed in accordance public interest such as relocations
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Landlords and landlord associates and sub processors
- Vetted affiliates and partners / Financial Institutions / Insurance Companies for business facilitation to provide required services, such as mortgages, insurance cover etc.
- Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf: • Hosting Datacentres, Infrastructure, Applications (Development / Support) , Cloud Services
- Helpdesk, Call Centres etc. We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements:
- Councils, health and care providers
- Other Law firms
- Credit agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
- Perspective employers requesting references via your written consent
On websites, features can be accessed where we partner with other entities that are not affiliated with Sally Hatcher Estates. These include social networking, geo-location tools etc. are operated by third parties (indicated appropriately) who may use or share personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is recommended that you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
Sally Hatcher Estates Limited reserve the right to transfer your information in the event of a sale or transfer (wholly or partially) of our business or assets, with reasonable efforts for the acquirer protect / use your information consistent with our Privacy Notice. You can exercise your rights to contact the acquiring entity with questions concerning the protection and processing of your information.
2.1 How long do we keep information for
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after last contact with you. However, Sally Hatcher Estates Limited reserves the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Sally Hatcher Estates Limited.
SECURING YOUR DATA
Personal Data will be held electronically on password protected computers with the latest Anti-Virus, and Fire Wall protection. No personal data will be held on Hand held devices or laptops. Any phone recorded messages will be deleted at the end of a 30-day period. All daily diaries will be shredded daily.
All personal data provided by you and held on file will be destroyed at the end of any contractual agreement. We will hold any legally binding agreements for up to 7 years as required in law. After the 7-year period, they will also be destroyed.
THIRD PARTY REVIEW SITES
We work with TrustPilot once we have assisted you in finding a property, selling or letting your property we will provide your name, email address and the property we assisted you with to this company. Your information is used solely to send a survey on our behalf. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of our services as well as provide you with an opportunity to quickly and easily provide feedback which we can then act upon as necessary. Your feedback is published on the appropriate third-party site. In each instance, we will be provided with details f who has left feedback, though you will have the option to publish your feedback anonymously so that you cannot be publicly identified. We reserve the right to reply to reviews publicly, taking care not to communicate any personal information from which you could be identified.
Should you not prefer to be contact by TrustPilot or any other third-party site that operates similarly, let us know. In asking not to be contacted by such parties will not prejudice the service provided it you in any way.
We will only contact you with promotions, available services and products under the following circumstances.
- You have provided us with explicit consent to do so
- You have an active enquiry with us
We will use securely held contact information and details of previous activity including that collected digitally (see below) when you have visited our websites.
We may also collect details of how to use any marketing emails that we may send, including whether you open our emails and what actions you take once you have. Such information may be used to determine the marketing messages that you may see.
We assure you that you will always be able to ask us to stop marketing to you at which point any and all direct marketing will cease. All marketing emails issued by our business will included an “unsubscribe” link.
Sally Hatcher Estates Limited do not sell, trade or rent your personal details to third parties unconnected to your property.
DIGITALLY COLLECTED DATA
Information collected digitally can included your IP address, data from your browser, cookies (pieces of data stored on your computer) and how our website is used and from what kind of device. This can be used for a number of purposes, such as provide aggregate information as to how users may access our site to providing a more individualised service, such as displaying our pages in the right language for example.
YOUR RIGHTS TO SEE, DELETE OR AMEND DATA HELD ABOUT YOU
You are entitled to access your personal data held by us at any time. Please email email@example.com to make such a request. We will be obliged to offer any appropriate details within 30 days of the request. Please do advise if you are seeking a specific piece or pieces of data.
If we are unable to help resolve your concern you can contact The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) Who monitor the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
They can be contacted via Email www.ico.org.uk or telephone on 0303 123 1113.